There’s no way around the fact that we all need some money to live. That means that you will sometimes end up doing work that you don’t particularly want to do, in order to pay your bills. Here are 10 things to keep in mind to ensure that you aren’t wasting your Life Force because you are spending too much.
10 Ways to Protect your Life Force
- Track your hours and check them against your pay check. Even the best employers make mistakes. No one is more interested in your money than you are.
- Pay attention to your spending. If you spend less than you earn, you will be making progress toward controlling the amount of time you work.
- Look for ways to make you more valuable as an employee. Ask your employer for their suggestions or search for classes at the local college.
- Save a little bit of money from every pay check. This is the pay yourself first principle. After all, if you aren’t working to pay yourself, why are you working?
- Do something you love every day, even if it is for a short time. This will feed your soul which helps when you are doing work that you don’t enjoy. It gives you something to look forward to.
- Go back to school and get a Diploma or a Trade. This is connected to #3. You will be more valuable to your current employer, or you will be able to get a better position in a more meaningful line of work.
- Share your apartment with a roommate. When you cut your living costs in half, you can increase your savings by a huge factor.
- Pay your bills on time. Late payment fees and penalties are one of the biggest factors that people ignore when they are trying to improve their finances. The easiest way to earn a dollar is to not spend it
- Don’t carry a balance on your credit card. Credit card interest is the most expensive way to fund a debt. Take the Cash Challenge and once you have paid them off, don’t use them unless you can pay the balance at the end of the month.
- Shop in second hand stores. Reduce, reuse, recycle. We all want to do our best to keep our carbon footprint low. You will find what you need at much lower cost than if you buy new. There is the fun of the hunt as well.
It’s Day 30 of SarkeMedia’s 30 Day Business Blogging Challenge and I’m happy to have successfully completed the challenge! Thank you my readers for following along as I learned how to become a better blogger while learning about Getting Better with Your Money.