Just because you are watching your spending and trying to save money, it doesn’t mean you have to stop seeing your friends. There are lots of ways to get together that won’t break the bank. One of the best ways to save money on entertaining is to have your friends come over to your place. Be sure to ask them to bring their own drinks and have a non alcoholic option available. Here are some great ideas for entertaining guests when they arrive.
Netflix, board games, potluck, soccer, bake cookies
- Have a movie night. Watch all the Harry Potter movies, or binge on a Netflix Chose your favorite genre and invite your friends.
- Unplug the electronics and bring out the board games! Party games are a great way to have fun in a small group. Best of all is the conversations that you will have.
- Cook together. Invite friends over and learn a new recipe Later you can enjoy a wonderful meal together. Cooking and eating – what’s not to like about that!
- Host a potluck dinner. Everyone brings a dish to share and you have interesting combinations. Make it a fancy dress up night.
- Invite friends over to watch the soccer game, or the Oscars, or a another popular show on television.
- Host a clothing swap. When you have no money, this is a great way to save while spending some fun time with friends.
- Bake cookies Triple the recipe and have everyone bring one ingredient. You provide the cookie sheets. Each guest can take home a share of the cookies.
What do you do when you want to entertain friends with no money? Tell us about it here.
If you love this post, share it on Facebook!